Handy Tips and Advice For Biological Pest Control
Successful biological pest control is easy if you follow a few simple guidelines:
- Correctly identify the pest, as biological controls are specific to the pest they deal with.
- Introduce biological controls as soon as the first pests are seen, temperatures are warm enough and light levels are suitable.
- Keep pest populations down by using soft soap if temperatures are too low to introduce biological controls.
- Use biological controls according to the instructions. With the exception of GrubsureT and SlugsureT, biological controls should be used on the day of receipt.
- Remember to be patient, biological controls must establish themselves and build up in numbers before they start to reduce the pest population. This may take a few weeks.
- DO NOT spray the area to be treated with persistent pesticides, chemicals leave residues which can harm biological controls! As a general rule stop using Derris 1-2 weeks before, Pyrethrum 4 days before and soft soap insecticides 1 day before releasing biological controls. If you are unsure - send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.